Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 week notice.

Two weeks left, and I'm dreading leaving.

I've had an amazing experience here, and I never want it to end.
As the end gets closer and closer, I realized there is still so much I want to do! I started making a list in my head, and doing things as the opportunity arises.

My Roman "Bucket" List - Things to do before May 8th at 7 am (when I leave for the airport and the states)

For example, today I ate a Kebab in Piazza San Pietro at sunset. It was one of my goals to finally get a kebab here, so I did!

I want to either get gelato or a cappuccino everyday.
I want to get the famous Nutella Calzone from Dar Poeta.
I want to go to the morning market in Campo for dried fruit and nuts.
I want to go to the Sunday Market in Trastevere.
I want to see the Sistine Chapel.
I want to go to Piazza Navona.
I want to see the Bocca Della Verita.
I want to take the Angels and Demons Tour.
I want to go to the bookstore down the street and buy myself a beautiful Italian book that I can't read (YET).
I want to speak as much of this beautiful language as possible.
I want to talk to old ladies on the bus - the 23 and 990.
I want to have the courage to get up in Scholar's on Karaoke Tuesday and SING!
I want to walk along the banks of the Tiber River.
I want to go to an AS ROMA calcio partito! (soccer game).
I want to say "ciao!" to a child.
I want to drink out of the water fountains on the street.
I want the Gnocci with Vodka Sauce from Tony's.
I want to get lost one more time in this amazing city I now think of as my home.
I want to hear the Pope speak on Sunday afternoon.
I want to climb to the top of the Basilica and admire the city.
I want to drink wine and eat bread.
I want to see a movie at the cinema.
I want to cherish every minute of every day in this amazing, wonderful, strange, enchanting place I call home.

I want to know I made the most out of my experience here, and take it all home with me. My 4 months in Rome.
My pocket full of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment