Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brie Bruschetta

So, I'm becoming painfully aware that my study abroad experience/ travel blog has become more and more of a food blog, but this recipe is AMAZING!

Its for a Brie Bruschetta.

Heres the recipe (with my slight variations)
1 or 2 pieces of crusty bread. (I used one big piece cut in half)
7-8 cherry tomatoes (Quartered)
Brie
Pesto (The recipe didn't call for pesto, but it REALLY made a difference!)

First thing I did was put the Brie in the freezer for 30 minutes, to harden up so I could cut it.
Then, I put a little olive oil on the bottom of a pan and put the bread in with the flame high.
As they were toasting, I quartered the tomatoes, and took the rind off the Brie.
I flipped the bread so it could toast on the other side - when it was almost done, I added the Brie until it was slightly melted.
I spread the rest of it with a knife, then spread a little pesto over the Brie, and covered the entire piece of bread with the tomatoes.
(you could probably use less tomatoes, but I thought it was delicious!)



I hope you enjoy!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment