Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Corn Flakes straight out of the box :)

When we used to go grocery shopping with mom, she would always let us open 1 thing and snack on it on the way home.
Cheese, deli meat, chex mix, grapes. Anything, but everyone had to agree on the 1 item we would snack on.
As I was walking home from the GS mercato, I opened my box on corn flakes and nibbled on a few between the 2 blocks from the GS to my apartment.
I stopped, looked down at the box of Corn Flakes clutched to my chest as I stood at a red light and smiled.
I like random memories, and I especially love traditions and little family things that you don't even realize you do, until your away from them, and standing at a red light in the heart of Rome, with a box of 50 cent corn flakes open and clutched to you.
I miss my family a lot, but its times like this when I realize that I'm blessed to be here, and know that I'll return to them, just the same as when I left :)
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment