Sunday, March 7, 2010

St. Peter's Basilica

I went to St. Peter's Basilica this Sunday, and it was absolutely amazing.
It was such a spiritual experience. Words will do it no justice, nor will the pictures, but I'm going to post a couple of my favorites, rather than talk about it - needless to say it was an amazing experience and I hope you enjoy the pictures :)


This one is by far my favorite.



This was a close second, she was filled by the Holy Spirit. But my favorite thing about this, is that her body forms a cross on the ground in front of here. Amazing.


I loved the high domes, with the beautiful artwork. It was so colorful and bright.


There were a few windows that made me know that the Holy Spirit was inside that Basilica.


This is a frieze off near the tomb of Pope Innocent I believe.


Again with the high amazing domes.


This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't fancy myself a photographer at all, but I really like the composition of this one.



The Holy Spirit shining down through the high windows.


Again, I like the composition of this one, with the marble column framing the dome behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment