Thursday, January 28, 2010

Carrot Spaghetti

So Its been three weeks, and I'm sickkk of pasta and pizza! So I figured I'd try something a little different.
Get ready to have THE MOST DELICIOUS Carrot Spaghetti.

I went to the market and got just 4 ingredients:

3 big carrots
1 little onion
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
1 jar of any kind of pasta sauce you like (I got Barilla Basil sauce)

To start, I used a vegetable peeler and peeled the carrot into long thin strip and put those in a bowl.
Next I diced the whole onion (feel free to leave the onion out.. I thoroughly enjoyed it)
Use 2 cloves of garlic (I could have used more) and dice into small pieces. Put the onion and garlic in another bowl, mix up.

Next I coated the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil - i used a little too much, so, just lightly coat the bottom.
When the oil gets hot, put the carrots in and toss constantly. Keep checking for how soft they get.
When they start getting pasta like, add the onion and garlic. Let the onion get transparent, and the carrots get soft and spaghetti like - I just taste tested when they looked done.

I emptied the frying pan into my bowl and coated it with a little pasta sauce - however much you want.

It was SO tasty! And a GREAT alternative to heavy starchy pasta.
Then I powercleaned the apartment, took a quick shower, and am hopping into bed - gotta be up and at the airport in 5 hours!

Ciao Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment