Thursday, January 28, 2010

L'autobus, il Colosseo, e "coca-cola light"

What a day already.
I woke up at 7:45 - LATE! I rushed out the door, barely any makeup, hair crazy (thats what I get for going to bed with wet hair) and no gloves! (BURR!) I walk to the Leone stop and catch the 942 bus to Piazza Venezia for my very first on-site class (Capitoline Hill).. I got there at 9, and looked. and looked and looked.. Walked around.. and looked some more. Ancient Rome and its Monuments was no where to be found.. After walking up and down the Fori Imperiali a few times, I decided that since I was already there, and was CLEARLY not going to find my class, that I'd do some exploring of my own. I walked down the to Foro Romano e Palatino, and took some great pictures. Then I walked down the il Colosseo (the colosseum). Took some more pretty great pictures. I debated wether or not to go on the Colosseo tour (and decided against it) and walked around a bit more. Then I played a quick game of L'autobus roulette, and hopped on the first bus I saw (going in the direction of campus) I think it was the 527? It took me back over the Tiber! Yes! But.. kept going, until I went through the tunnel near the Vatican - ooopps. Too far! I hopped off the bus, crossed the street and prepared myself for another game of bus roulette, when I saw a Roma Souvenir Shop. I walked in, got a few postcards for Mom, and walked back outside - the 416 (?) pulled up and I got on. It went back over the Tiber (shoot) and I got off at the first stop I could. I decided not to chance it (although I had plenty of time and a 24-hour bus pass) and walked over the Tiber and to a bus stop that I'm familiar with. I got on the 23, which stops RIGHT IN FRONT of the Tiber Campus. I got myself a bag of Pugliesi and a Coca-Cola Light and headed to the Student Lounge. I don't have class until 3:45 - Fascism and Authoritarianism in Italy, Spain and Portugal. So I'm doing some reading, and (of course) blogging! I hate that I haven't really been able to keep up with the blog, which such a terrible internet connection here, but maybe I'll do most of my blogging here at school, where the internet is at least descent.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but expect some good ones when I get it figured out!

Questo รจ tutto per ora! (that's it for now!)

Ciao Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment