Friday, January 15, 2010

When In Rome...

Honestly, tonight has been my slump night.
I knew it was coming - but it hit me like a ton of bricks. We walked from our apartment in the Vatican in to Campo Di Fiori only to decide the bars were just too crowded and that we were all home sick. We got gelato on the way home - I got fragola (strawberry) and it was really quite good. It brought me up a little bit. I also uploaded my pictures onto my computer, so photo posts are coming soon!

We did our permesso de soggurno today (our permits to stay) and do the Italians LOVE their paperwork!
Lorenzo our land lord came over today to fix the breakers and say "ciao!"
I also signed up for soccer try-outs! They're on monday and im really excited! I hope I make it!

The SALDI (sales) are BEYOND AMAZING here - I can't wait to get some tall black and brown boots I scouted out yesterday. It'll be nice to have a relaxed day tomorrow - everyone in the apartment definitely needs a relaxed, wake up whenever, day drink kind of day before we make the trek back out the the Campo Di Fiori -- until then, I'm probably watching UP on my laptop and trying to fall asleep with just my Lufthansa blanket.

Gelato Flavor of the Day: Pesca (peach) and Fragola (strawberry) -- I know. I stopped for gelato twice today! Homesickness calls for Fragola gelato from Old Bridge.

CAIO!

No comments:

Post a Comment