Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Home at Last!

What an adventure the last couple hours has been. Since getting on a plane in O'hare (there was no one famous afterall), I took an 8 1/2 hour flight to Munich. Waited in the Munich airport, took a flight into Italy, moved into my apartment, almost got killed A MILLION TIMES by the taxi driver driving like a maniac, had some delicious pizza at a Trattoria and Pizzaria, from there my four roommates and I walked 10 minutes to the Vatican, and I was amazed by its beauty. Just the size and magnitude of it. Its awe inspiring. I can't wait to see it in the daylight with hundreds of thousands of people there. After taking a million pictures in the Vatican (my third country today), we went to this fabulous hole in the wall Gelatoria. I had the Nutella flavor. It was so good.

But here's a little more:

Munich:
-Observations-
1. Germans are tall
2. I am short
3. Adelholzener bottled water is pretty spectacular
4. The terminals are like 2 miles apart.. and I was wearing heels..

Also in Munich: Matt you would have LOVED the outfits the German police wore. They were like brown sweaters with dark green pants, it looked pretty hilarious.

Rome
-Observations-
1. Everything is relatively cheap
2. ASK THE WAITRESS FOR THE CHECK!!! (If not, you could get stuck at your table for over an hour, in your coat, with your money in your hand - they will ignore you if you don't ask.)
3. Everything is so laid back.
4. Its stunning. No where else in the world will you hear the sound of a choir singing in the Vatican at midnight, and a car horn blaring right behind it
5. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in Rome is graffiti'd.
6. If you speak a little Italian here and there, the Italians will love you.
7. The Vatican is gorgeous

Gelato Flavor of the Day: Nutella

Thats it for now. I'll upload the Vatican pictures tomorrow - its 1 am and I'm sleepy.

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment