Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doing as the Romans do! All week!!

As you can see, I haven't posted in a few days (mi dispiace!) I've been so busy with classes starting and settling into my Roman life!

Classes so far have been good!

Monday from 2:15-3:30 I have History of Rome and Ancient Italy. Its really interesting so far, and I got the book half off from someone who took the class previously! (ALWAYS LOOK AT BOOKS FOR SALE HALF-OFF SIGNS AROUND CAMPUS!)
And then from 5:15 - 7:05 I had Intensive Italian. Which is proving to be quite useful when speaking to the owner of the minimart right next door to our apartment. (He loves that I'm improving my Italian!)

Then on Tuesdays I have only Intensive Italian again from 5:15 to 7:05. The textbook for Italian is around 116 Euro, so I'm splitting with a few people from class, and making copies. Last night I got a pizza and a bottle of wine on my way home (but was too tired to eat it.) I missed being in Theta meetings, but slightly enjoyed going to bed at 10:45 on a Tuesday night ;)

Wednesdays I have my same Monday Schedule, History of Rome and Ancient Italy, and Intensive Italian.
I went to school with Alicia today (early) and did some homework in the library.
Then during my break I had just enough time to finish the Permesso process, and I am now legally permitted to stay and study in Italy! (Yay!)

And Thursday I have Ancient Rome and its Monuments at 9:30 AM until 12:15. From there I only have Intensive Italian at 5:15.

I'm really enjoying Italian, and having it everyday. The professor refuses to speak English at all in class! Its challenging, but definitely worth it. (Next weekend 28/31.1.2010, the class is taking a trip to Sicily!) I'm very excited, we're working on all the details, and I'll know all the details tomorrow, but apparently, its only going to be 95 Euro!

I also took my first bus today, I walked half-way to campus then caught the 23 all the way to the Tiber campus. Its a really great feeling being able to navigate my way through the streets of Rome.

I also talked to Tatjana yesterday on Facebook, and am planning my first trip out of Italy and into Germany! It'll be so much fun to get to see her, and experience another country.

I have to walk everywhere, and the the only shoes I brought have heels. The cobblestone roads have ruined the heels, and I'm going shopping with one of my friends on Friday to "Europeanize" our wardrobes! I'm DEFINITELY starting with a pair of black boots! WITHOUT HEELS! The bright side of walking everywhere is the great shape I'll be in. At first, climbing the stairs of our apartment would leave me wheezing and my legs burning, now I don't even realize I've walked up all those steps!

I'm looking forward to the nightlife - my roommates went to a Karaoke bar last night (I had too much homework to go!), and I want to go there soon!

I haven't eaten anymore gelato, but I might indulge in some tomorrow while I wait between classes. :)

I think that's my whole week thus far, so "a domani!" (til tomorrow!)

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment